Watermelon Ice Pops
Serves: 12 servings
- 5 cups seedless watermelon pulp
- ½ cup sugar substitute
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 pint lime sherbet, softened
- Puree watermelon and sugar in batches in your blender or food processor until smooth and strain into a medium bowl. Cover and freeze until puree is slightly slushy, but not quite solid, about 2 to 3 hours. Remove from freezer, stir well and add in chocolate chips.
- Place twelve 5-ounce disposable cups in a shallow baking pan and spoon watermelon puree into cups, leaving about a ½ inch left from the rim. Place pan in freezer for 2 hours, or until puree is solid, but not rock hard.
- Allow lime sherbet to soften a bit, then spread over top of each portion of watermelon puree so that it comes up to the edge of the cup. Smooth sherbet with the back of a spoon and cover each cup with plastic wrap. Cut a small slit in the center of each cup and insert a popsicle stick into each pop so that it almost reaches the bottom of the cups. Freeze overnight (or until solid) and can be frozen for up to two days.
- Allow pops to sit at room temperature for about a minute, then gently pull out from the cups. Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 ice pop • Calories: 78 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carbs: 16.5 g • Fiber: 0.3 g • Protein: 0.5 g • WW Points+: 2 pts